Survey submit fails with a table-feature class relationship

03-28-2019 12:42 PM
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

Sort of new to Survey123 so I might be missing something simple or doing something beyond the capabilities...Here's what I've got:

Created a polygon feature class and table (the survey columns) in ArcCatalog along with a Simple, 1-Many relationship class between the feature (polygon 1) and table (many) using the GlobalId as the linking column.  This setup is then published to our online org account as a host feature layer.  I don't have any issues editing data in either the file geodatabase with ArcMap locally or the hosted feature layer via JavaScript API or map viewer.  

Created a Survey123 with Connect (3.4.29b) using the feature service as the template.  Used xls to modify the columns, submission url and form id to the correct values.  Saved and loaded the xls. Published the survey.  Everything seems fine there. 

When I run the survey from the web site form (not the device app - haven't tried that yet), all good until the submit.  Submit fails with error:

- Operation rolled back. Operation rolled back. Incorrect geometry type.

Which seems odd since I shouldn't be submitting any geometry to the table.  

Watching the network tab in chrome shows the applyedits operation to the hosted feature layer.  Sure enough, it's adding a feature to the polygon layer with an (0,0) point.  The feature json to the table is correct.  I can copy and paste it to the REST pages and get a successful insert.  So I'm not sure why the survey is trying to submit a record to the polygon layer.  I don't have geopoint column in the XLS but it does have one listed in the "schema" tab of the Connect app.  I can't find a way to delete it there.  

Is there some other setting to tell the survey to skip any geometry edits?  Is the explicit relationship class causing some sort of problem?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fred,

Just to check, you are submitting a new record in the web form that has a polygon geometry but not a polygon question (as that isn't supported)?  That isn't supported at this time.

0 Kudos
FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi James, 

Thanks for the follow-up, sorry for the delay...spring break road trip last week.

I don't think that's the scenario. 

The survey form is to the "table" in the feature service.  No geometry should be included.  But when I inspect the network traffic the survey form submits TWO records to the feature service: 1 for the table with all the user values from the form and 1 for the polygon with a 0,0 point.  I don't want it to submit the record for the polygon only the table. 

Thanks

Fred

0 Kudos