survey Failed to export to GDB

06-06-2019 08:41 AM
WhitneyWeber
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey which contains polygon and line feature classes (collected via Collector) that are related to the main survey's points via relationship classes. Unfortunately, when I try to Export to gdb from survey123.arcgis.com, I get a Failed to export error. Does anyone know what causes this or how I can resolve the problem?

Tags (1)
22 Replies
CoryBolen1
New Contributor III

Perfect, it worked.  Thank you for your detailed response!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Cory, no worries and anytime..I have received so much help from the community that it is good to reciprocate the karma...

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Whitney,

Thanks for the workaround, but I am able to pull the data in the FGDB format using the REST API dialog without issues. However, to add more mystery to this thread; I found these within "My Main Content" folder today; which means the process is still being carried out int eh background, but the delivery of the data package is not working within the Survey123 or ArcGIS Online GUI programming; or something along those lines.

I almost never save the FGDB's within my AGO account and I know I did not save these here and that makes me think it is something to do with the behind the scene coding for status updating and delivering requested data package.

0 Kudos
WhitneyWeber
Occasional Contributor

Yeah, I noticed those too. If you review my instructions, that's how I was downloading the FGDB after exporting. You were using a different method, which also works, evidently and is good to know. Notice I also linked to another solution which allows for downloading to fgdb via a python script. I've used that method too. Helpful to have various ways given that the download from Survey123 isn't always working for whatever reason. I'm happy to know it's not just my survey/data, which is failing!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is the first time that I had encountered an issue with the downloading of the FGDB from the Survey123 website, but it is definitely nice to have workarounds as just in case.

0 Kudos
CoryBolen1
New Contributor III

I am having this same issue of downloading the associated Survey123 hosted feature layer to a file geodatabase.  I tried all of Whitney's options and work arounds.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cory,

How many records are you attempting to download?  Does the feature class have one layer or multiple layers?

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having this problem with a survey that only has 9 records, but hundreds of questions (attributes).

I'm trying to use the REST/Replica work-around, but I'm having various problems getting it to work depending on the options I choose.

For all my test runs, I'm entering:

• Name=TEST
  • Layers=0
  • Data Format=FILEGDB
  • Sync Model=none
    • without this, I get the error:  Create replica to FILEGDB data format is supported for "none" sync model type only.
  • Attachments Sync Direction=bidirectional
    • without this, I get the error:  CreateReplica with returnAttachments=(True) and attachmentsSyncDireciton=(none) is not supported.

I just get the error "Exporting data for layer 0 failed".

This occurs whether I have Return attachments "true" or "false".

Can anybody provide more information in how to use this Create Replica form in the case of downloading Survey123 data?  Any other form items I need to change to get this to work?

Has anybody got it to work with attachments?

Even without attachments, It fails with some unexplained error.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Can I ask why you are using the createReplica workflow, rather than the ExportData?  This sounds like an issue at the service, perhaps asking in the ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise (whichever is applicable) would be more appropriate?

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

Do you mean Export Data in the survey123.arcgis.com site?  (I can't see an export data option in the REST interface).  If there is some other export option that I've missed, I'll be keen to try it.

EDIT:

Oh, hang on, I think you mean the Export Data option on the feature service in AGOL.  The reason is that I was ignorant of this option.

Tried it just now, and it works!  So thanks.  This work around should do the trick for us for now.

I'd still like Survey123 (and create replica) to be fixed, but in the meantime, I now have a work around.  Thanks.  🙂

EDIT AGAIN:

No, actually that fails too.  The "Exporting" text appears for a while, and then disappears.  If I then go to the location where the new fGDB was supposed to be saved it is there, and I can download it (which is why I thought it worked), but the downloaded zip file is only 189 bytes, and cannot be unzipped.