Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey data appears in feature service but not enterprise database

Jump to solution
07-27-2018 07:58 AM
EmilySangster2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I've followed the documentation for creating a Survey123 survey using an existing feature service (https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/25/working-with-existing-feature-services-i... ) and am having two main issues.  I am unable to see the data collected in the survey in the SQL enterprise database and I am also unable to get the photo attachments collected in the survey in the child table to appear.  

My general work flow was as follows:

• Created two layers which have a one to many relationship which is using the parent global ID as a foreign key in the child table
  • Enabled archiving on both tables and enabled attachments on the child table
  • Published layers as a service with feature access and sync enabled
  • Added the feature service as an item to our companies ArcGIS online account
  • Created a new survey in Survey123 Connect version 3.0.127 using the existing feature service
  • Published and collected sample data

I am using the following:

• ArcMap 10.5.1
  • ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1
  • SQL Server 2012
  • Survey123 Connect 3.0.127
  • Survey123 for Android 3.1.68

Any tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time

Emily

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emily

Does your service contain repeats (i.e. a related table)?

If so, the classic build will not help as your issue is a 10.3.1 limitation (ApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs can't be enabled, which is a requirement for surveys that contain repeats). The only option would be to upgrade your server.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emily 

Can you confirm that you have set up a non-federated service from portal 10.3.1? i.e. you have added the server service as an item to ArcGIS Online, and then created a survey from it?

If so there are a few things to cover:

1) Version 3.0 of the field app will not submit to a 10.3.1 service as the service can't support ApplyEditsWithGlobalIds. Therefore you should get an error an publishing and submission. Can you double check the capabilities of the service (and whether this property is set to true or false). Also please check the survey123 field app version you are using - as we have not released 3.1.68.

2) If you can see the data in the service, it must be in the database. Are you sure the survey is pointing to the federated service? i.e. can you check that the submssion_url in the settings tab goes to the federated service? 

Please take a look and let me know.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
EmilySangster2
New Contributor II

Hi John,

After posting this I realized the feature service was hosted as I had added it to ArcGIS online incorrectly.  I was able to add it correctly as an item and create a survey from it but I did get the error while publishing related to the ApplyEditsWithGlobalIds requirement. I tried downgrading survey123 Connect to the classic version and received the same error when publishing.  Is there any way that it can be done or does ArcGIS server need to be updated first?

The version of the field app is 3.0.134 and not 3.1.68.

Cheers,

Emily

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Emily

Does your service contain repeats (i.e. a related table)?

If so, the classic build will not help as your issue is a 10.3.1 limitation (ApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs can't be enabled, which is a requirement for surveys that contain repeats). The only option would be to upgrade your server.

Thanks

John

EmilySangster2
New Contributor II

Hi John,

My survey does contain a related table.  I'll have to give it another try once we have an upgraded server. 

Thanks for your help!

Emily