Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey Contains Errors: Navigate to each section

485
2
03-23-2022 04:29 PM
mackenzie_firstname
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We use a survey built using Survey123 Connect, which has been in use for a few years. This morning we have noticed an error when our users try to submit a survey.

"Survey contains error: 1. Press here to navigate to each error"

When selecting the error, the user is not brought to any specific field, nor are any of the fields filled out incorrectly. Our form was working normally up until a few hours ago.

I have seen a few similar posts from users who are building their forms with Connect, and these were resolved with some changes in formatting. However, we have only made one recent amendment to our form - yesterday morning we added another drop-down option to a question, but this did not cause any errors since publishing. 

I can see some recent posts from other people who have been experiencing issues with Survey123, and some of these have since been resolved.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this error. If this is a result of the recent AGOL update, is it currently being looked into? Thanks 🙂

Tags (3)
2 Replies
JayHodny
Regular Contributor

This issue just started for us today.  We are able to submit complete Survey forms using the Survey123 phone application, but cannot submit them through a web browser.  Were you able to resolve this issue?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
mackenzie_firstname
New Contributor III

Hey there,

Apologies for the delayed response. I am also very sorry for not updating how we went for this!

I unfortunately can't quite remember what we did to fix this, but I believe it may have been something quite simple like a republish/resharing of the survey.

Our survey process also involved populating some hidden fields using URL parameters, which couldn't be navigated to if there was an error, so I'd recommend checking any hidden fields you may have on your survey, or ensuring that the URL parameters are formatted as expected.

We've now moved our surveys off Survey123 Connect and rebuilt them on the web version of Survey123, as we found ourselves experiencing a lot of errors with Connect that were quite hard to troubleshoot. We've also moved to ArcGIS Enterprise so are often behind the latest updates to AGOL. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I hope it works out 🙂 

0 Kudos