Survey Constraint not working on browser but does work in mobile app

Jump to solution
11-04-2021 04:53 AM
WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

I've added a constraint on a calculate column that sums all the repeat entries and compares to another total entry. This sum should be within 5% of the total sale price as a check to make sure data was entered properly. All seems to work in connect and survey 123 mobile app, but the constraint is not being honored when submitting the survey from the browser. I'm using Chrome browser and the survey is built in Connect v. 3.13.239.

Is this a configuration issue on my part or is this a bug?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are making product_prices_sum a string then trying to compare to a number.  That if course is not correct.  $5 > 4 is trying to compare a string to an int.

You need to get the $ out of there or have 2 fields.  You will also want to set the bind:Type to int on the price sum field so that it is treated like a int.  Notes all default to string.

That should do it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Some formulas can be slightly diff in the browser.  No real way to help you without seeing the form.

0 Kudos
WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

Doug,

Thanks for the quick response. Does this screen shot suffice? It shows the relevant columns. 

Appreciate the help! 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are making product_prices_sum a string then trying to compare to a number.  That if course is not correct.  $5 > 4 is trying to compare a string to an int.

You need to get the $ out of there or have 2 fields.  You will also want to set the bind:Type to int on the price sum field so that it is treated like a int.  Notes all default to string.

That should do it.

0 Kudos
WillWoodroof
New Contributor III

I got it, Thanks so much for the help @DougBrowning !