Survey 123 "Select One" Capacity

04-02-2019 06:27 AM
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a form, which has all our address points for the county as a Select One autocomplete. When I try and upload the survey to AGOL, I get an error code 400 on the service definition section of the upload. I have deleted the folder and feature service from AGOL, and the local .iteminfo file to reattempt upload. I checked for duplicates within the data set, and removed them. When I refresh the excel file S123 Connect takes about 10 minutes to load the survey. The survey consist of 3 questions: address, condition, comments. There are approximately 72,000 address points that I am trying to add to the Select One field. Is quantity of selection points hindering my upload?

Update: When trying to publish from Connect, under options, toggling off "Create coded value domains from choices" allowed me to upload the survey. However, the coded values was the key I was going to use to map once they are done using the survey.

The form is downloadable to iOS S123 app, but will not open, nor will it open in the browser. However, on the desktop, the survey will open within the browser. Data tab errors out when accessing through S123 website.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Johnathan,

It sounds like the process of applying the domain to the feature service is timing out in ArcGIS Online.  One option might be to publish initially without Survey123, download a file geodatabase, add the domains to the fGDB version and then republish and attach the survey to the new version with domains.  That being said, there may be other problems; looking into GeoNet history, it appears, there may be a limit on the maximum size of the domain: https://community.esri.com/thread/177256 

0 Kudos
tempJRiggsbee
New Contributor III

Thanks, James. I will take a look into routing it through a fGDB. Do you know if this would auto populate the geometry? I have used similar methods to create related tables with Survey123 on existing features. Do you know if it is possible to auto-populate geometry this way?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The shape field does not support domains directly; however, once the feature service is published, you can then calculate the location in a Survey123 form in the same way you did in your original form (the fGDB step is just setting up the feature service that the form will write to; the calculation of location is in-form logic).

0 Kudos