Survey 123 in dev mode Attachments

12-28-2018 12:22 PM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

When i try to use our own portal as dev mode using survey123 URL opened in Browser. it is working as expected . But when i try to use Signature or image Upload attachments. The attahments are not adding into _ATTACH table. But when i try to do same in App, it is working as expected. is there any limitation with Browser

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vijay,

Yes there are some limitations with using the web app and accessing Portal, you must ensure your Portal is public facing (accessible through firewall in your network). Also what version of Portal are you using and what version of Connect/App, or did you create via Web Designer? Other users have encountered some similar issues where the required capabilities of the feature service/layer in Portal are not enabled. Can you confirm if the following are enabled:

supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds=true

Create,Delete,Query,Update,Editing,Extract,Sync capabilites

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

We are using ArcGIS Server 10.6.1, Portal 10.6.1, Survey Connect 3.0.142 and i created forms using Survey Connect. The only thing is its not facing publicly. Just to confirm that, Is Portal needs to face public ? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vijay,

Yes, if you are wanting to use the survey123 website that is hosted publicly on the internet and access your internal Portal, then the Portal needs to accessible from the internet. Otherwise the website and web app can not access and query the surveys, data and images required to load correctly.

We are currently working on an on-premises version of the website and web app that will be available to install locally in your network for Portal users. This is currently in beta and available on the Survey123 EAC website . Currently it requires a manual step by step installation and is not fully supported, but can be tested as beta release if that is an option.

Phil.

0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Thanks for information, will it work for Integrated Windows authentication ?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Vijay,

Yes I believe so, if you would like to test it out via EAC install steps and provide any feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

Phil.

0 Kudos
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Vijay,

Please have a look at the following post which contains a similar issue with a workaround for you to try:

https://community.esri.com/message/849937-re-cannot-upload-attachments?commentID=849937#comment-8499...

Let me know if you have success.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos