Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 feature report - filter map using global id

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 04:40 AM
RABConsultants
Emerging Contributor

I have a survey which surveyors use to complete property flood measure surveys. One part of the survey is a repeat that includes a geopoint question where the surveyor marks the location of each measure to be applied to the property. Usually each property will have 10+ measures. This all works as intended. 

I am having trouble creating a map within the feature report that shows each properties measures but not the measures of the nearby properties. I have added in the feature layer and saved it as a webmap and called that within the feature report. Is there a way to filter the webmap within the feature report to only include the measures that relate to that survey? Perhaps some filter using the global ID can make this possible?

21 Replies
j-bromp
Regular Contributor

Just updating this thread, you can achieve this using python by removing all layers from the webmap then re-add your required features. if the features are held within a repeat you can query the feature layer to find the parent row with the most recent global id, then find all repeat features that share the same parent row id and re add them back to the webmap. this will show only the features relevant to your most recent submission. you then trigger this by survey submission.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi all,
The new `$map` keyword, which allows you to print a web map without referencing a survey question, and the `mapFilters` method, which filters features in operational layers in a web map, are now available on the Survey123 Beta website. For more details, please refer to this EAC document. As this is currently a beta feature, any feedback would be greatly appreciated via the forum on EAC.