Survey 123 feature report - filter map using global id

Jump to solution
08-27-2020 04:40 AM
RABConsultants
New Contributor II

I have a survey which surveyors use to complete property flood measure surveys. One part of the survey is a repeat that includes a geopoint question where the surveyor marks the location of each measure to be applied to the property. Usually each property will have 10+ measures. This all works as intended. 

I am having trouble creating a map within the feature report that shows each properties measures but not the measures of the nearby properties. I have added in the feature layer and saved it as a webmap and called that within the feature report. Is there a way to filter the webmap within the feature report to only include the measures that relate to that survey? Perhaps some filter using the global ID can make this possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi RAB Consultants‌,

Currently, it is not possible to apply a filter a web map that is used in a geopoint/map question in the feature report.

For example, if the surveyor worked on a property A and had 10 measurements around the property, e.g. 1,2,3,4,5... can you please confirm that your requirement is to print a map that only includes the 10 measurements (but not includes any measurements for other properties) in the feature report?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi RAB Consultants‌,

Currently, it is not possible to apply a filter a web map that is used in a geopoint/map question in the feature report.

For example, if the surveyor worked on a property A and had 10 measurements around the property, e.g. 1,2,3,4,5... can you please confirm that your requirement is to print a map that only includes the 10 measurements (but not includes any measurements for other properties) in the feature report?

DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Zhifang,

I have a similar scenario and just want to check if it is actually the same as this one, and whether a solution is coming soon...

We carry out inspections on walking trails and use Survey123 to identify and locate issues along the route. We generate a separate report for each individual trail, including all the issues identified for that trail. The Web Map used in the report contains all trails and the problem is, when trails overlap, it can be a little cluttered and confusing. Ideally we would be able to filter the Web Map to only show the relevant trail route for that report.

Any ideas, or info on whether and when this might be possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
FionaBarry
New Contributor II

Hi Darragh

In a feature report, to draw a line/route on a map, connecting the issues for an individual [survey] record, I used a geotrace field.

The geotrace field sums up the [repeat] points and generates a line joining them together.

e.g. In the XLS form, create a field:

Type = geotrace

Name = route

Label = Route:

Calculation = sum(${location}) .... where ${location} is the geopoint field name in the repeat

body::esri:style = method=vertex

In the report template, the code used is:

${route|mapSettings:"c03a526d94704bfb839445e80de95495":5000}

-> this generates a map in your report, displaying a line connecting all the repeat issue locations, for that record only.

Of course, you can change the map type ("c03a526d94704bfb839445e80de95495") and scale (5000) according to your preferences. 

One thing to note: The [geotrace] line drawn is generated chronologically from the repeat geopoints.  Unless the issues (repeats) are collected in a linear fashion, the line drawn could display as zig-zagged.  

Hope this helps you!

DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Fiona, thank for this. From my understanding, this will just create straight line connections between the issues, is that right? If so, it won't suit our needs unfortunately. We need to accurately display the full trail route in the report, so straight lines won't do. Hopefully the GPS Streaming idea will be implemented soon and that might solve it. Thanks again 

0 Kudos
RABConsultants
New Contributor II

HI Zhifang Wang‌, what you describe is exactly what i want to be able to do. Is this in the road map, or is there a workaround using python? 

thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RABConsultants ,

Yes, the capability to aggregate multiple geometries on one map is in our road map, I've added your use case in our backlog. However, there is no fixed plan for the implementation yet.

For the workaround of printing a single web map in the report to include multiple geometries (measures of a property in your case), it could work if you only need to generate a few reports. In this case, you can manually change the filter of the layer in the web map before each printing. Otherwise, in theory, you can use scripts to change the filter in the web map and invoke the Survey123 Report REST API to generate multiple reports.

If this is important to you, please feel free to raise an enhancement to Esri Support Service to prioritize this.

0 Kudos
RABConsultants
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

I just came here to post this idea too. Just to make sure I'm asking for the same thing, here's the general idea:

This is currently possible with the feature report syntax:

${ proj_extents_geoshape | drawingInfo:"currentLayer"| mapSettings:" b2519fd7a45647a0946f50b0535b6ddd" | size:175:250:0:0}  

and I would like something like this available in the feature report:

{ proj_extents_geoshape | drawingInfo:"currentLayer"| mapSettings:" b2519fd7a45647a0946f50b0535b6ddd" where:ParentGlobalID=${pguid} | size:175:250:0:0} 

Currently, I have the referenced basemap set up to filter points (geopoints contained inside a repeat) to only be displayed if they have been edited in the last 15 minutes.  This works well enough for most submissions when the report is generated automatically via the integromat process.  If I have to generate reports manually (such as someone submitting a partial survey, then editing it and resubmitting later), first I need to open the web map and change the filter to filter all points to the layer 0 record's GUID.   There's other use cases I can think of where URL parameters being available in the feature report would be very helpful, but this seems like the most common one.  

DerrickWestoby_0-1642101457753.png

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DerrickWestoby ,

Printing multiple records on a single map is now available to test on the Survey123 beta website and will be supported in the coming 3.14 release in late February/early March. Please see this EAC doc for the detailed syntax.

Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Kudos