Select to view content in your preferred language

Survery123 Report Template "Error: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'setting')"

4 weeks ago
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a survey that has been up and running for some time. Recently the reporting function began to fail and give me a variety of errors. One error states "Error: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'setting')" when submitted a new report template. I have double checked the data calls and they all look good. I get the same error even when trying to upload the "Example Report" that survey123 generates for you. None of these templates seem to work.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have not seen that error before. Is one of your fields literally called "setting", or is that just the generic error message? Maybe it's an issue with a reserved keyword?

It could be tedious, but you might try removing fields from your report template one at a time to see if it's a specific field causing the issue.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

Hey Josh,

I think it is a generic error message, I don't have a field called "setting" so I am not totally sure what the error message is saying. I have a lot of fields in my survey but I have tried limiting the report template to only a few attributes (asset#, Date) and get the same error. 

I was able to run reports up until around mid June, nothing changed on the survey side so I am not sure what has happened.

Thanks

0 Kudos