Sum a set of RANGE questions/values

Jump to solution
08-02-2022 06:41 PM
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

I know I can use a calculation to sum a set of "Integer" values in a "calculation", e.g. (${integer1} + ${integer2}).  I can't seem to get this to work with "Range" question types.  Is there a known workaround?  I want to show the total of 10 Range questions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How is your XLS Form configured? What you're attempting to do works just fine without any workarounds.

ArcGISSurvey123Connect_WmRZvJoZeL.gif

Worth noting: a calculation written like ${integer1}+${integer2}... won't return an answer until all summed fields have a valid number in them, so you won't see the sum if one of the ranges doesn't have an answer.

If that's an issue for you, just set a default value for each range question.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How is your XLS Form configured? What you're attempting to do works just fine without any workarounds.

ArcGISSurvey123Connect_WmRZvJoZeL.gif

Worth noting: a calculation written like ${integer1}+${integer2}... won't return an answer until all summed fields have a valid number in them, so you won't see the sum if one of the ranges doesn't have an answer.

If that's an issue for you, just set a default value for each range question.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JonathanPollack
Occasional Contributor

Excellent answer, thanks!  My issue was indeed not having default values.  Esri, this requirement should be included in the documentation (if it isn't already).

0 Kudos