splash screen

08-09-2016 07:24 PM
AlistairFox
Occasional Contributor

can you have a splash screen where the users accepts the conditions of populating the survey and the acknowledgment is captured as a data item to prove they have and if they don't they can't proceed?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
CharmelMenzel
Esri Contributor

JTedrick-esristaffichivite-esristaff‌  I'm interested in adding a splash screen, dialogue box warning or disclaimer for people to not operate a vehicle while using the app.  Like afox above I'd like to capture the users agreement with this warning.  Do you have examples or recommendations for this workflow?

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Charmel,

The best way to do this currently would be to have the disclaimer presented as a note with a select_multiple or select_one question to provide the acknowledgement.  Can you describe the target audience a bit?  Is this for a crowdsourcing-type application (as in a workforce this should be covered in other rules and regulations)?

EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

James,

I agree this functionality would be great for Survey123 for our damage assessment workflow. I currently have one survey that combines our training & real-world survey into one. I would like to have the ability to notify the user with a disclaimer that they are not in a training survey when they begin to specify the event type.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eric,

This should be accomplishable with a note that has a relevant condition - hide/show depending on the event selection.

0 Kudos
WilliamRockwell1
New Contributor III

How would that look exactly? If the type is note, how would you then add the select_multiple or select_one question?

ie. For a simple splashscreen where you want someone to tap "I accept" to continue the form.