Specific Question on Configuring URL to Support Relevant

Jump to solution
11-26-2021 03:37 PM
GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

This is a fairly specific question, but I am embedding a survey in a dashboard (for review/approval by multiple parties). I would like to add an "approved" yes/no question to the survey (made in connect) that only appears in one dashboard -- not in the regular form, or for the other dashboard.

My idea here is adding another hidden text question, and using that in the relevant column for the "approved" field (i.e. for_approval="yes"). Then I would use the url configuration with mode=edit and set the value for the hidden question (&for_approval=yes). In theory this makes sense to me, but it doesn't seem to work and when I do those steps the "approved" question still doesn't show up. I'll add some screenshots for reference. The rest of the url configuration seems to work with the edit and hide paramaters.

Is there a way to make this work? Or another idea for making a question only visible in a specific dashboard. I think I could add a question at the beginning asking about the role of the user for filtering, but it's already a long and complex survey so I don't want to add more required input from the user if I can avoid it. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. You can use the output from pulldata("@property", "mode") to hide or show a question.

For example, adding pulldata("@property", "mode") = 'edit' in the relevant (or body::esri:visible) column will show the question only if the survey is in edit mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. You can use the output from pulldata("@property", "mode") to hide or show a question.

For example, adding pulldata("@property", "mode") = 'edit' in the relevant (or body::esri:visible) column will show the question only if the survey is in edit mode.

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM

That worked! Thanks Ismael

GIS_utahDEM

@IsmaelChivite Are there any contraindications for using this with url config &hide=field:approved? I have a field (approved) with the pulldata("@property", "mode") = 'edit' in the body::esri:visible column, and then I try to hide it in one dashboard with &hide=field:approved, though it seems to show up anyways. I still need it hidden in the initial survey, and I need it visible in another dashboard.

0 Kudos