Select to view content in your preferred language

Smart Form Problems with iOS?

05-23-2016 11:21 AM
MichaelMeister
Deactivated User

I am using Survey 1,2,3 to take assessment and inventory data for a state wide trail system. I am relying heavily on the smart form capabilities from the XSL format. In the form the respondent has some basic information they have to fill out (name of the park, name of the trail, etc.) and then after that they have 4 options of measurement types to choose from. Depending on which one is selected, they will be shown a different set of questions. My issue is that when they select one of the four, but then for whatever reason need to change their answer even before answering any other questions that follow, the question field does not display correctly. It will begin showing questions relating to the old response they had previously selected mixed with the new questions from the current response. Or in some cases it will not show the questions correctly and they are not able to be answered at all. This only seems to happen on iOS devices and not android.

The only solution I have found for this is to exit the survey and start over, being very careful to select the correct response the first time, so that you do not have to start the survey over again.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael Meister

Tennessee State Parks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WarrenDavison
Regular Contributor

Hi Michael,

I'm having an issue that sounds very similar to yours. When users in my survey make selections fields are made visible/invisible. I've found that when users enter another entry within a repeat section fields that were previously made visible persist despite no longer being relevant to the original question. So far I've only been able to replicate the issue of iOS iPads.

Let me know if you encounter a solution,

Warren

0 Kudos
MichaelMeister
Deactivated User

Warren,

Thanks for reaching out to me! I was afraid I was going crazy there for a bit…

But unfortunately, at this point, I have found no other work around other than to tell users to simply close the survey and reopen it and to be careful in their selections. I had some try it on android and could not recreate the bug.

I have yet to hear from anyone on a possible solution, sadly. I am just hoping this is something they are aware of and addressing since it is still in Beta mode.

Thanks,

Department of Environment & Conservation

Michael Meister | Trails & Vista Administrator

William R. Snodgrass TN Tower

312 Rosa L. Parks Ave. 2nd Floor

Nashville, TN 37243

(615) 854-4472

michael.meister@tn.gov

0 Kudos
WarrenDavison
Regular Contributor

Michael,

It seems like it's related to the relevant conditions of the fields. I've described my issue in greater detail here in hopes of some response: https://community.esri.com/thread/178491. I've found that it seems to be limited to iPads so maybe if someone has an iPhone kicking around the office you should see if that works...

Warren

0 Kudos
MichaelMeister
Deactivated User

Hmm,

That’s interesting. I don’t have access to an iPad, but my issues are present for me on both an iPhone 5s and 6. I may see if I can snag an iPad to see if I can recreate it.

0 Kudos