Select to view content in your preferred language

hidden field: Date

05-20-2016 10:34 AM
RhondaThynne
Regular Contributor

For each of my related tables I have 2 hidden fields; one for site code and the other for date.

The site code is populated correctly, but the date is populated with a number that looks nothing like a date!

I have included a screen shot of the survey form as well as the related table with the date circled in red.

Any help is appreciated!

Rhonda

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GaryBowles1
Frequent Contributor

Rhonda,

The date is in EPOCH time. See Dates and Time in Survey123 for ArcGIS Ismael's blog post and hopefully it will explain all you need for this.

--gary

0 Kudos
RhondaThynne
Regular Contributor

Thank you, Gary. I replied to Ismael's comment below, it appears to only display EPOCH time within a repeat.

Thanks for the link on Dates/Time in Survey123!

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

HI Rhonda, I am guessing that if you try using the bind::esri:fieldType column in your survey worksheet and set the value to esriFieldTypeDate for your hidden date question, your date will be stored as you wish. I have not tried myself, but I think it  may work.  Some more info about the esri:fieldType column can be found here: Mapping XLSForm questions into ArcGIS Feature Service fields

0 Kudos
RhondaThynne
Regular Contributor

Hi Ismael,

I do have the bind::esri:fieldType column in my survey worksheet and the value is set to esriFieldTypeDate.

I did some testing and it turns out the hidden date that is within a repeat will display the date as  EPOCH time (I'm assuming), but when the hidden field is NOT within a repeat the date is in a common format (June 1, 2016).

Is this a bug that I was not aware of? If it is not a known bug, should I log it under ESRI/Survey123Community Issues?

Thanks for your feedback!

Rhonda

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmmm, this looks at first sight as a software defect. Let us research a bit more. Marika Vertzonis

RhondaThynne
Regular Contributor

Thank you. Please let me know if you need any other details from me

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

We were able to reproduce this behavior. We will add to the backlog for resolution. If this is absolutely critical for your workflow, please open a formal Esri Technical Support incident to be prioritized. Thanks a lot.

RhondaThynne
Regular Contributor

Thank you for looking into this!

0 Kudos