Set skipped measurements and calcs to "NA"

03-26-2019 01:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a survey where the user can input a few measurements and the survey will use those inputs to perform a calculation. However, in some instances the user may want to skip some of the measurements and some of the calculations. In those instances, I would like the survey to set the skipped measurements and calculations to "NA". I understand how to use relevant to hide the measurements and calculations the user wants to skip, but I can't figure out a way to automatically set those answers to "NA" after the user decides to skip them. Part of my issue is that these need to be decimal types in order for Survey 123 to do the calculations, but if they are skipped I want a text answer to show in batch reporting. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew,

One option might be to have a default value of NA (text question) for the questions.  Then, you could apply relevant statements to the decimal questions with calculations.  So, if any question is skipped, it will be an NA text question, but if a relevant action is committed, it will engage the decimal questions.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I tried something like that but couldn't get it to work. I think the issue is that I don't think I can have a text answer ("NA") set as my default answer for a decimal type input.

Ultimately I'm looking for the flexibility to use batch reporting to create two types of reports:

Batch Report 1

Skip calculations (Yes/No): No

Height: 5.5
Length: 5.5

Area: 30.25

Batch Report 2

Skip calculations (Yes/No): Yes

Height: NA
Length: NA

Area: NA

0 Kudos