Set default geosearch parameters?

Jump to solution
02-02-2021 11:13 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi -

I'm building a public-facing Survey123 in my ArcGIS Enterprise. As part of the form, I want the user to enter an address on a map and have that address populate a field below so I can use the address data in reporting.

So far, I have a geopoint field where the user can click on a map and type in their address of interest. Once they choose an address, I have a reversegeocode set up where the address gets populated into a new field (for reference - the address is based on a specific geocoding service that I specified the URL for: pulldata("@geopoint",${location},"reversegeocode.address.Match_addr","geocode server URL"))

This is where my problem is: I have a bunch of geocoding services in my Portal. They ALL show up as dropdown options in the geosearch, but really I only want the user to be able to see address options from one (the same one I designated in the reverse geocode field). I know that can be manually set by clicking the Globe on the left side of the search bar on the map, but this workflow is too complicated for the people using this form and I just know it will cause problems. Is there any way to get it so that the map only geosearches that one geocoding service? 

THANKS!

Shelby

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

The Survey123 web app automatically gets locators from your organization settings. If you configure your locator in the organization to use 3 locators, then the Survey123 web app will use them as well.

I am not sure if it is reasonable to change the locators in your organization just for this particular survey to use one, but that would be one way to fix it.

Alternatively, it seems like the geopoint geocode appearance could work as well. This appearance is documented in the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website.

See the attached geocode_appearance.xlsx below. The geocode appearance is not fully implemented yet in Survey123 Connect and the Field app, but it works like a charm in the web app.

This appearance is designed for workflows where you want people to define a location from an address and without a map. It allows you to easily store the location in the SHAPE column, plus other attributes of the entered address such as locator score, standardized address, city, postal code and other locator outputs.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson 

The Survey123 web app automatically gets locators from your organization settings. If you configure your locator in the organization to use 3 locators, then the Survey123 web app will use them as well.

I am not sure if it is reasonable to change the locators in your organization just for this particular survey to use one, but that would be one way to fix it.

Alternatively, it seems like the geopoint geocode appearance could work as well. This appearance is documented in the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website.

See the attached geocode_appearance.xlsx below. The geocode appearance is not fully implemented yet in Survey123 Connect and the Field app, but it works like a charm in the web app.

This appearance is designed for workflows where you want people to define a location from an address and without a map. It allows you to easily store the location in the SHAPE column, plus other attributes of the entered address such as locator score, standardized address, city, postal code and other locator outputs.

ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Thanks @IsmaelChivite ! I'm familiar with how the locators in my organization work and you're correct, I don't want to change them just for this one survey.

The second option - geocode appearance - is EXACTLY what I need. We don't care about the map in the survey at all. Problem is.... I built this survey using Connect and would like to keep it that way. Any idea when this functionality will be in Connect? 

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson

Oh wait nevermind - just played around with it. I see what you mean, I can still build out the fields in Connect I just can't preview how it will look in the web app. This is great! We only need to use the web app for collecting data so this should work perfectly. Thank you! 

SantiagoRamos1
New Contributor

Hi @IsmaelChivite,

I am working with a customize geocoding service and wanted to use it as the default service for a geopoint in a survey123 connect xlsx. I have tested using the appearance option and it works perfectly from an address but the idea behind using our own geocoding service is to define a specific extent and hence visualize it on a map. 

I would like to know, if currently is there the option to use map or a workaround for it?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Santiago

0 Kudos
KatherynZulay
New Contributor

0 Kudos