Removing option to discard changes made to record.

Jump to solution
04-28-2022 10:08 PM
JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Hi,

My organisation wants to remove the possibility for users to discard changes they made while editing records of our survey via the Inbox. Every modifications is tracked by collecting metadata and we don't want to lose the metadata so users should not be able to simply discard their changes. We want to force them to submit their changes to the feature layer.

To be more specific, the option to discard changes when clicking on the 'X' on the top left should not be available. The same option to discard changes should also not be available after a user exit Survey123 while editing a record and then launching S123 again. Finally, the option to delete a record from the Drafts should not be available.

I link three images showing the options I would like to remove.

I wonder if it is actually possible?

If not, would it be possible to achieve that by modifying the source code of Survey123?

Would it be relatively simple or is it pretty hardcoded or impossible?

Thanks!

JeremieCote_0-1651208335123.png

JeremieCote_1-1651208369330.png

JeremieCote_2-1651208539128.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JeremieCote,

It is not currently possible to control the options of the Close or Submit buttons (cross or tick) via Survey123 Connect and the Options menu. These options are the default and are not currently customizable. I would suggest to raise an ArcGIS Idea or submit an enhancement with Esri Support for this feature improvement in the future.

It would be possible to modify the source code for Survey123 via AppStudio and the latest template, however this would then apply for all surveys on the device within that custom app, not just one. It should be relatively straight forward change to make, provided you have pathways for the user to exit, save and restore data if needed.

Note that if you build a custom app, you will also have to publish the app to the app stores yourself, or need to side load the app on every device you want to use it on.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JeremieCote,

It is not currently possible to control the options of the Close or Submit buttons (cross or tick) via Survey123 Connect and the Options menu. These options are the default and are not currently customizable. I would suggest to raise an ArcGIS Idea or submit an enhancement with Esri Support for this feature improvement in the future.

It would be possible to modify the source code for Survey123 via AppStudio and the latest template, however this would then apply for all surveys on the device within that custom app, not just one. It should be relatively straight forward change to make, provided you have pathways for the user to exit, save and restore data if needed.

Note that if you build a custom app, you will also have to publish the app to the app stores yourself, or need to side load the app on every device you want to use it on.

Regards,

Phil.