Select to view content in your preferred language

Send Error - Survey issues - Desktop Survey123 App

01-24-2024 05:43 AM
McMP268
New Contributor II

Users are getting the following message:

"Send Error
This survey could not be sent due to the following error:
The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist.
[Feature details]"

Any ideas why this might be the case?

The survey is editing a Feature Layer, up to date, and had no errors prior to this for another user on Desktop.

Similarly users who are updating on Survey123 for Android are having no issues at all with it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

You said Android, so presumably the Field App, is working. Where are you encountering this error?

Is this a web form? And if so, are Field App users logged in? If so, that makes me think this is a permissions issue.

McMP268
New Contributor II

Hi,

Android Survey123 Field App works, yes.

But on the laptop the surveys are being updated through the Desktop app - v3.19.114. - and that's where the send error is being noticed

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Frequent Contributor

Okay. Different than I was thinking.

The mobile app and desktop app are essentially the same thing. There are really only a few considerations:

• Permissions: Do users need to be signed in, and if so, are they?
  • App set-up: Under "Manage ArcGIS Connections", are the portal settings correct?
  • Survey: Is there more than one version of the survey, and if so, do users have the correct version?
McMP268
New Contributor II

Users are now offline for the day so will troubleshoot the above with them in the morning, and let you know.

I believe they were signed in, and did have the latest version of the survey downloaded.

Thank you for the pointers

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

If you can get the logs it'll help narrow down the issue.

If it's working for some users between android and desktop, it implies the survey itself is OK.
I also assume that the feature still exists (and isn't on the Inbox from a download after the feature got deleted).

So it suggests that they don't have permission to edit the feature. This could be the case if the editing settings are set to 'only allow users to edit features they created' and or allow edits to 'attributes only'. I would check that these settings are correct.

Otherwise log files + XLSForm will really help. 

0 Kudos