Send Error - String or Binary Data would be Truncated

03-12-2020 07:39 AM
MichaelSlevin
New Contributor II

Afternoon,

I have a form in Survey123 we have been using as an inspection aid.

One of our inspectors recently got the following message when attempting to submit their latest entry; "Send Error, This survey was not able to be sent due to the following error: String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated".

I can see from the Schema Preview section on Survey123 desktop that all fields have the standard 255 character limit.

I can confirm that none of the possible responses (the survey consists of select_one, select_multiple and note question types) would come even close to a 255 limit.

To be extra sure on the second point, I have tried submitted the survey without the note questions left blank and get the same answer.

My initial idea, having read other entries on here was to expand the character limit for all entries to 1000. However this resulted in a warning message prior to publication that all previous entries would be lost - something I am loathe to do.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

As the error indicates, it appears one of the fields for the collected data has values in it that are longer then the field length set on the feature service. This could happen because of a calculation or invalid JSON response or error returned into a field from another source.

Can you share your xlsx file with us so we can take a further look?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos