Send Error Code 403

Jump to solution
03-17-2016 09:15 AM
LorettaWinton
New Contributor II

Hello, I am getting  Send Error Code 403 upon trying to upload about 300 surveys. I thought it was just a poor connection, but now I am on very good WiFi and I get the same error. My survey was working perfectly before, then my Survey123 app automatically updated. I hadn't uploaded data yet and all that data was lost (which made me really unhappy). So the next days surveys are these that will not upload.  Any idea how to get them to upload? Also, any idea why the autoupdate deleted my data?

Thanks,

Lori

error.jpg

19 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Lets see if I understand. So exactly from the same device:

- You login with user 1 and you get an error on submit

- You login with an admin and you can submit  successfully?

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

ichivite-esristaff‌ that is correct.

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks Carl. Lets take this offline with Noah. Please check your GeoNet Message inbox for details.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Ismael Chivite I am having the same issue with one of my surveys, where a named user cannot submit data to a survey that I published (Admin), but in this instances I have one named user that can submit surveys (who has a Publisher role) and another named user (who has a User role) that cannot submit surveys.

Do you have any ideas why this is happening as they are part of the group and I have even changed their Role to a Publisher and we still receive the error of 403.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Kudos
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor

I sent you a message via GeoNet cqholt‌. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noah Sager‌ Is there a comprehensive list of error messages that extend the list found at: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ? Is the ability to customize these messages supported currently or do the errors exist as built-ins with the distributed Survey123 apps? 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tom,

In most cases, the error messages that you see with codes are coming directly from the Portal/Feature Service endpoint (as is the case in the example at the top of the message).  The 4xx and 5xx are standard HTTP Error Codes - in this case, 403 indicates that a user is not authorized to access a certain resource.  5xx codes indicate that an error has occurred somewhere in the processing of the request - the cause is highly specific to what the particular operation is, thus hard to document a complete list.  Other codes will be specific to the operation of the Feature Services or other components of ArcGIS Enterprise/ArcGIS Online.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks James, for context, the end goal is notifying users of deprecated or inaccessible surveys directly within Survey123. Appreciate the info

0 Kudos
SandeepMidgule1
New Contributor

Hi,

I am getting a similar error which trying to hit my SOE. 

Unable to satisfy request. Permission denied (service capability not enabled). I have an administrative role still getting the error.
      Thanks,
      Sandeep. 
    0 Kudos
    JamesTedrick
    Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sandeep,

Because you are using an SOE, this may make it difficult to debug via the forums. I would suggest filing an support ticket.

0 Kudos