Send error, cannot covert a value of type 'java.lang.Double' to 'INTEGER'.

Jump to solution
12-16-2021 10:51 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!  I am using Survey123 Connect version 3.13.251 and ArcGIS for Enterprise 10.9.1.  My Android mobile app version of Survey123 is 3.13.244. 

While waiting for a bug to be resolved in publishing a survey to Enterprise using IWA, I created a new survey using Connect from an existing survey (on AGOL), and then edited the XLSForm to fit what as needed for the new survey.  I published the new survey to AGOL.  All seemed to work as expected when submitting survey responses from the mobile app.  Earlier this week an updated version of Connect was released which resolved the bug issue.  I repeated creating a new survey from another survey (on Enterprise), and edited the new survey XLSForm to fit what was needed.  When trying to submit a survey response on my Android phone, I get the following error.  I tried a variety of iterations in the 'type' column with no success.  For example, I have retyped the 'type' for those rows where values are to be  integers (for some reason, I cannot click open the drop down list to make a choice).  I have been looking at this error for too long.  Any ideas?  Thanks, Jay

JayHodny_0-1639680170821.png

JayHodny_0-1639680788131.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

I may have figured out the issue.  In the bind::esri:fieldType column, two fields were set to integer when they are really decimal values.  I changed the bind choice to Double and this worked.  Strange as in earlier versions of the survey, these fields were set as integer and the responses successfully submitted.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayHodny

I may have figured out the issue.  In the bind::esri:fieldType column, two fields were set to integer when they are really decimal values.  I changed the bind choice to Double and this worked.  Strange as in earlier versions of the survey, these fields were set as integer and the responses successfully submitted.

0 Kudos