select_one_from_file with pulldata() works in Survey123 Connect but not in Survey123

09-27-2023 08:09 PM
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

We are using ‘Survey123 Connect’ 3.18.124 to develop our surveys and we are using ‘Survey123’ 3.18.145 on iOS to use the surveys.

In one of our surveys, we are using a “select_one_from_file” question type in order to get choices from a CSV file bundled with the survey.

In Survey123 Connect, it displays the choices correctly as a list of radio buttons.

But in the real Survey123 app on the device, it displays no choices at all.  It just shows the question Label and the question Note, but no choices (or anything else before the next question).

It may be worth noting that this question also has a very simple choice_filter.  It works fine in Survey123 Connect.

I don't think it's relevant, but this question is within a repeat.

How can I get the choices to appear as expected in Survey123 on iOS?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Glad it worked out.  Fix database tool on the tablet may help also.

I would suggest not being so aggressive on the deleting for sure.  We tend to keep forms for 2-3 years before we remove them just in case.  You may also want to lookup the script for nightly backup copies from AGOL.  We export a copy on schedule each night in case something like this happens or a user deletes data, etc.  Production systems need to have a backup and of course AGOL strangely has none.

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for this.  It's interesting to note that as of October 25 (ie, in three weeks time), AGOL will be introducing a 'Recycle Bin' feature, from which deleted items can be recovered.  It only keeps deleted items for 14 days, but that's an improvement over zero.  🙂

(This is based on information I received from ESRI recently.)

0 Kudos