select_multiple_from_file External choices

Jump to solution
06-08-2021 05:28 AM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a form where I have select_one_from_file question, which is pulling choices from external CSV - It's been published and works fine. I am trying to change this question from select_one_from file to select_multiple_from_file and after saving the form XLSX the survey is converted with no errors, but then it shows it's optimizing and never finished, just keeps spinning.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Yulia

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea but I just tested and autocomplete is not working on select multiple for me.  And Ismael said is this post that it for sure does not.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/auto-complete-function-for-multi-select-que...

So the UI is prob trying to draw all those text boxes.  

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you have spaces or special chars in the list?  Select multiple are much more picky about that.  Just a guess

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

No, I don't.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you post up the form?

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

My choice list looks like this:

YuliaMamonova_0-1624318534686.png

Up to 60,000.

It works just fine with select_one_from_file choice question.

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

The only thing in my opinion that can contribute to this error is that my external list is over 60,000 values

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How would the user be able to make sense of that?  It would be pretty much impossible to use.

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Autocomplete appearance is the way to go with large choice lists. Moreover, in 99% of cases in our form the value is picked automatically from the barcode scanner question.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yea but I just tested and autocomplete is not working on select multiple for me.  And Ismael said is this post that it for sure does not.  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/auto-complete-function-for-multi-select-que...

So the UI is prob trying to draw all those text boxes.  

YuliaMamonova

Hmm I didn't think about it, makes sense then. Thank you!

0 Kudos