Select to view content in your preferred language

Select a point from a layer and show it on a map

3 weeks ago
achs
by
New Contributor

My users are selecting points from a .csv file on a survey. I would like to display those points on the Map Layer that is already created for the Survey, ¿Is there a way to select points from a layer?

They select the point from a list of, those points have X and Y coordinates, but I would like to be able to see those points located on a map.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @achs

Under the Esri Samples in Survey123 Connect there is a sample called Calculate Location from CSV that demonstrates how you can populate a geopoint question using XY data from a CSV in the Media folder. 

I've also attached the sample here if that helps. 

If you are looking to extract geometry from a feature service in your ArcGIS Content you can use pulldata("@layer") to do so. Here's an example calclulation on a geopoint question that pulls the XY data from a point feature service to populate a geopoint question: 

pulldata("@layer","getValue", "geometry", "https://services.arcgis.com/P3ePLMYs2RVChkJx/arcgis/rest/services/USA_Census_Block_Points/FeatureSer...", concat("COUNTY_FIPS = ", "'", ${location_question}, "'"))

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos