selec_one_from_file .csv or_other possible

Jump to solution
11-23-2021 01:03 PM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Can you use or_other with a select_one_from_file using a .csv.  It does not appear so, just want to confirm.  I would rather not add Other to my CSV as I only need it in specific locations and don't want to filter it out everywhere.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TL2,

No, or_other is not supported for select_one_from_file using a .csv. This is becuase or_other is a standard XLSForm specification, therefore can only be used on standard select_one questions that are created and populated by pyxform when the survey is published.

However, you can create your own or_other workflow with select_one_from_file, simple add an "other" choice to the .csv choice list. And then create an additional text field in the survey and use a relevant statement, that when the "other" choice is select in the select_one_from_file, make that text question relevant so the user can see it and add there other choice.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TL2,

No, or_other is not supported for select_one_from_file using a .csv. This is becuase or_other is a standard XLSForm specification, therefore can only be used on standard select_one questions that are created and populated by pyxform when the survey is published.

However, you can create your own or_other workflow with select_one_from_file, simple add an "other" choice to the .csv choice list. And then create an additional text field in the survey and use a relevant statement, that when the "other" choice is select in the select_one_from_file, make that text question relevant so the user can see it and add there other choice.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos