Select to view content in your preferred language

S123 select from csv, maximum choices limitation?

Jump to solution
06-14-2023 10:46 AM
KenBouchard
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

I have a form where I'm using a .csv list to validate the data entered in a field.

The field is "autocomplete" and I'm pulling the choices from a .csv.

However, my list is fairly long with more than 600 choices.

The form, in web app, is only showing the first 512 choices...  512 makes me think it is a limitation of the tool itself.

(If you start typing the first letter of a choice lower in the list, it will still find it tho...)

Anyone encountered this?

Ken

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is a known issue. Sounds like you should be fine though - just start typing to not have the users scroll through >500 answers 😂. Maybe add a hint to encourage them...

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/get-answers/knownissuesgetanswers.htm#anchor5

In Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, I only see 512 choices for a question that uses a drop-down list when I know there are more choices than that for the question.

Due to a limitation in Chrome and Edge, a maximum of 512 choices are displayed for questions that use a drop-down choice list. This applies to the Dropdown question type for surveys authored in the Survey123 website. It also applies to select_one questions that use the autocomplete, minimal, or search appearance for surveys authored in Survey123 Connect.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

This is a known issue. Sounds like you should be fine though - just start typing to not have the users scroll through >500 answers 😂. Maybe add a hint to encourage them...

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/browser/get-answers/knownissuesgetanswers.htm#anchor5

In Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, I only see 512 choices for a question that uses a drop-down list when I know there are more choices than that for the question.

Due to a limitation in Chrome and Edge, a maximum of 512 choices are displayed for questions that use a drop-down choice list. This applies to the Dropdown question type for surveys authored in the Survey123 website. It also applies to select_one questions that use the autocomplete, minimal, or search appearance for surveys authored in Survey123 Connect.

0 Kudos
KenBouchard
New Contributor III

Thanks Magisian!  

Learning new stuff every day! 😉

Ken

0 Kudos