Right Sizing Images in XLS Surveys

Jump to solution
12-28-2022 02:29 PM
RichardPasquale
New Contributor III

Working in Survey123 Connect XLS forms.  I'm embedding images in the survey via the media folder. 

Running into issues with image (.jpg) display size wokring on tablets while over running the screen on phones.

I have tryed to correct this by resizing images in photo/paint and adjusting pixels.   

Issue I'm seeing is an inconsistancy in relation to pixel size and space used on display.

IE a .jpg with a pixel width of 919 does not over run the phone screen while a .jpg with a width of 508 is....

Is there a setting/code that can be used in the XLS to have all imaged fit screen being displayed on, so they will adjust between devices?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Hi Richard,

This sounds frustrating, sorry it's happening! I wish I could give a reason for this. I haven't been able to find anything helpful on your behalf. I use media images on my surveys, which my company uses from the office (computer screen) and the field (smartphone screen). I was curious if the images display differently on the various platforms, but in my case they do not.

The attached photos are of the same survey, same image, from different devices. You'll see no issues of the images overrunning the screen in either case, though the images are just coming from the media folder, referenced in the XLS as such, with the .jpg being called in the media::image column (R):

notet_arm_refT-Arm              t_arm.jpg                     

I wish I could offer you a real solution, but maybe it is slightly helpful to illuminate that it is probably not an issue arising from how your photos are formatted on the backend! Are all your surveys across the various devices up to date, and the Survey123 applications on each device also up to date?

Computer formComputer formSmartphone formSmartphone form

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattEdrich
Occasional Contributor

Hi Richard,

This sounds frustrating, sorry it's happening! I wish I could give a reason for this. I haven't been able to find anything helpful on your behalf. I use media images on my surveys, which my company uses from the office (computer screen) and the field (smartphone screen). I was curious if the images display differently on the various platforms, but in my case they do not.

The attached photos are of the same survey, same image, from different devices. You'll see no issues of the images overrunning the screen in either case, though the images are just coming from the media folder, referenced in the XLS as such, with the .jpg being called in the media::image column (R):

notet_arm_refT-Arm              t_arm.jpg                     

I wish I could offer you a real solution, but maybe it is slightly helpful to illuminate that it is probably not an issue arising from how your photos are formatted on the backend! Are all your surveys across the various devices up to date, and the Survey123 applications on each device also up to date?

Computer formComputer formSmartphone formSmartphone form

0 Kudos