Reverse Geocode Survey123 No Option to Parse Street Type or Street Name

03-28-2022 11:15 AM
SFM_WillBrewer
New Contributor III

We want to use Survey123 to reverse geocode a point from a map question. This function works well using the ArcGIS World Geocoder except there is no option to retrieve certain address fields in a stand-alone fashion. Specifically, we want to parse street name and street type into separate fields, but the geocoder only returns the full address in the JSON response. How to do we just get the street name and street type? @JamesTedrick @Ismael 

There is no documentation for this feature in the api reference.

Example JSON output:

SFM_WillBrewer_0-1648490768886.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The reverseGeocode operation does not return the street type or name separately. However, the findAddressCandidates operation does.  See the StType and StName properties.

A potential solution is to use the address you get back from the reverseGeocode and pass it to the findAddressCandidates operation to then parse the response. This would require a custom JS function.

This is just a thought. I have not tried it myself.

0 Kudos
SFM_WillBrewer
New Contributor III

Hi Ismael,

Thank you for the suggestion. Do you have any examples of the syntax for using the findAddressCandidates in Survey123? I see someone else had a similar question about implementation. 

0 Kudos