Select to view content in your preferred language

Reuse Field Entries in Survey123

03-09-2020 08:40 AM
BenWalker
Esri Contributor

In the January 2020 release of Collector there was the following new feature

Reuse Field Entries

Now you can easily reuse values that you previously entered into your form to minimize repetitive data entry and spelling mistakes. This can be quite useful when entering frequently used text such as a street name or Inspector.

Directly above the keyboard, in the keyboard accessory view, you can tap on “Recent Values” and find up to  3 previous values entered for that field to choose from.

Are there any plans to add this Survey123? This would be very helpful.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

Yes, the set favorite will continue woking in the Inbox. I follow your workflow and the paste the favorite answer does work:

• Open my survey
  • Open the inbox
  • Click on a survey
  • Fill some answers, just the ones on the first page
  • Submit the survey, and select to send it now. I can see that the survey that is being sent has a star next to it to show that it has favourite answers.
  • Return to the inbox, select a new survey
  • click on the menu to select to add the favourites, but it is not letting me

Could you capture a desktop sceen video to show the repro steps so that I can see which part i was missing?

0 Kudos
JannSamuels
New Contributor II

Hello -

Has there been any forward motion on making Reuse Field Entries workable?

When searching online, I can find no other reference to this function and it's vital to field work. Users have reasonably come to expect this functionality and it would be a huge time saver for inspectors in the field.

I have a series of surveys where I can't use choice lists - there are just too many variables. Set and Paste Favorites absolutely doesn't work since it saves ALL the field entries, not a specific few. 

Please let me know if there's a setting/solution/work around that can work for this purpose.

Thanks.

0 Kudos