Select to view content in your preferred language

Retrieve Deleted Records from a Survey in ArcGIS Survey 123 Home Page

08-06-2024 10:40 AM
Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

hi ArcGIS Survey 123 Users,

Is it possible to retrieve deleted records from a Survey in ArcGIS Survey 123 Home Page/Dashboard?

I've mistakenly delete a record from my survey thus, looking for possible ways to retrieve it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HannesVogel
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Reuben , I think it is not possible in the dashboard/survey main page but in the databackend depending on the configuration of the hosted feature layer / feature service connected to the survey. Are you the owner of the survey and/or feature layer/service?

0 Kudos
Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

hi HannesVogel,

Yes

0 Kudos
HannesVogel
Frequent Contributor

Hi @Reuben , what is your setup - are you using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise? If ArcGIS Enterprise is the feature service hosted or referenced from an enterprise geodatabase?

0 Kudos
Reuben
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi HannesVogel,

I use ArcGIS Online For Organisation

0 Kudos
HannesVogel
Frequent Contributor

Hi Reuben,

I just set up a test survey in AGOL to test myself. I had a look at the hosted feature service (not the view) in the settings, there is an option "Keep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features)." but when I submit data and delete it in the survey dashboard, I still cannot see the deleted one in the feature service. For me that's not logical and in our enterprise portal with enterprise geodatabase and the archive functionality I can see the deleted data and also when and by whom it was deleted. I expected the same behavior for the option "Keep track of changes to the data (add, update, delete features). " but it didn't work so I'm not sure if thats possible at all in ArcGIS Online 😕

0 Kudos