Select to view content in your preferred language

Results locations not showing in the Data tab map

Jump to solution
04-14-2023 07:29 AM
KevinRudolphi
New Contributor II

I'm somewhat new to Survey123, so excuse me if this an obvious answer.

I made survey in XLS form use pulldata for either a GPS location or address locator. When I submit a test survey, I can see the locator on the map of the form. But when I submit the survey, the point does not come up on the map of the Data tab on the survey123 website. I can see the results in the table, but the locations do not show on the map.

I've submitted surveys from the field iOS app as well from a computer browser but no difference. I've enable sharing from the Survey123 website Collaborate tab and enable "Editors can see all features" on the settings.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

You could keep the configuration you have now (with the bind::esri:fieldType set to null for the two existing geopoints) and then add a hidden third 'submission geopoint' that is populated by one of the previous two geopoints depending on the input type that has been selected. I attached an XLSForm with an example. 

Another approach would be to only have one geopoint question. This geopoint would calculate the location based on the address question if there's an address entered, otherwise the user could enter their location. This approach might require the user to select the 'target' icon in the map in order to use their device location though.

-Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KevinRudolphi,

Can you share the XLSForm for the survey so we can look at how the geopoint is set up?

Thanks,
-Barbara

KevinRudolphi
New Contributor II

Yes, thanks for the help! I've attached it below. This is my second time using this survey. I originally created it and it was working, but after using it a couple times after I published it, I wanted to add some to it. So I copied it to another version.

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks! It's difficult to test since some of the expressions are cut off in the PDF, but on initial glance, it looks like the bind::esri:fieldType for both geopoints is set to 'null.' When the bind::esri:fieldType is set to null, there will be no data submitted for that question. 

0 Kudos
KevinRudolphi
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply! I had to put 'null' in the fieldtype because I couldn't publish it with two geometry fields. I don't have much experience with repeats but is this an instance where I'd want to use a repeat?

Thanks for your time!

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

You could keep the configuration you have now (with the bind::esri:fieldType set to null for the two existing geopoints) and then add a hidden third 'submission geopoint' that is populated by one of the previous two geopoints depending on the input type that has been selected. I attached an XLSForm with an example. 

Another approach would be to only have one geopoint question. This geopoint would calculate the location based on the address question if there's an address entered, otherwise the user could enter their location. This approach might require the user to select the 'target' icon in the map in order to use their device location though.

-Barbara

0 Kudos
KevinRudolphi
New Contributor II

Thank you! I tried the first solution and was still having the same issue but the second one did the trick and cleans up my survey as well.

Thanks again for your time and help!