Report Template for a select multiple question

01-08-2021 05:48 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I have a select multiple question in an XLSForm. When generating a report using the MS Word report form I have prepared, the different inputs coming from the select multiple appear all together, separated by a comma. 

Is it possible to have a carriage return and a bullet between each input, making the report easier to read

Thanks

3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

You can use the appearance method with the bullets parameter to do this. That would look like this in the feature report template:

${select_multiple_question|appearance:"bullets"}

There's more information on this method and others in the Expressions section in the Report templates documentation.

Thanks,
-Barbara

ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. Any way to avoid having by default number bullets? I would prefer simple dots

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rene,

The exported report will use the default bullet symbol as it is defined in the report template Word document.

There is currently a bug preventing the default bullet symbol from being set in the templates that are downloaded from the Survey123 website.

The workaround is to add the bullet symbol that you would like to be used to your template and then delete it. This will set the default bullet symbol type in the document. Also note that once the default is set, adding different bullet symbols to the document will not change it again.

Thanks,
-Barbara

0 Kudos