Select to view content in your preferred language

Report Template Creation: Multiple Failed to Parse cannot be found in current parsing scope

10-24-2022 12:42 PM
MWhit
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello there, I am relatively new to report template creation. I keep on running into an error with one report stating that the following cannot be found in the current parsing scope.

${#aquatic}

${b_id}

and several others in the den,burrow,nest, and aquatic repeats. Attached are the xlsx form as well as my word template.

Thanks for any and all help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MichelleWilliamsERM
Frequent Contributor

Good day to you,

Most likely the data you are trying to pull is not in the table which the computer is looking for it.

These are the steps I do anytime I'm building a feature report to help keep things straight for me.

1. Download the sample template 
  2. highlight ALL the ${# 
  3. Highlight all the ${/}
  4. find the last nested repeat and highlight from ${# to ${?} in a dark color. You want to start at the bottom and work up.
  5. find the next replete that will wrap around the nested repeat and highlight that in a lighter but similar color. The sample below has a main survey with two repeats, and each repeat has a nested image. (You are only seeing the repeats below.)

MichelleWilliamsERM_1-1666643277025.png

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I did some testing, and specifically I think it's an issue with your photos repeat syntax. Put the ${#photos} text within the same table as the rest of the photo repeat information and see if that fixes it for you.

Katherine_Clark_0-1666647498376.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
MWhit
by
Emerging Contributor

MWhit_0-1666651837582.png

Does the above look correct now?

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, I think so....go ahead and try to upload it and see if you still receive an error. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
MWhit
by
Emerging Contributor

Sorry for the late response, it is still not working for any repeats.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm, that's strange. Can you attach your latest version of the template? (and provide the XLS form again if you've made any changes since the original post)

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos