Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Survey123 data

Jump to solution
10-28-2022 05:03 AM
DanCrafton
New Contributor II

I recently merged the data from two Survey123 surveys using the append command in ArcGIS Pro.  One Survey was completed in the web designer, the other in Connect.  Both surveys had the same questions, but the recorded answers are slightly different: Less-Than vs less_than.  My dashboard sees these as two different answers.  I know I can edit each record seperately in the data tap on the hosted feature layer.  There are several thousand records that need correcting so I would like to avoid getting carpel tunnel syndrome.  Is there a way to more than one record at a time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanCrafton
New Contributor II

I figured it out, there is a Find and Replace command in the attribute table.  Can replace each record one at a time or do them all an once.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanCrafton
New Contributor II

I should add that some of the records have attachments so I dont think downloading into Excel would work.

0 Kudos
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

In Pro you could select the ones in the non-desired format, i.e. 'less-than' and calculate them all to 'Less-Than'

0 Kudos
DanCrafton
New Contributor II

Do I do that in the attribute table for the hosted feature layer?

0 Kudos
DanCrafton
New Contributor II

I figured it out, there is a Find and Replace command in the attribute table.  Can replace each record one at a time or do them all an once.

0 Kudos
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

There's a Calculate Field tool in the attribute table, but whatever works 🙂

0 Kudos