Repeats: Built, but not connected to the parent feature

05-03-2022 10:19 AM
DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

I have built a survey 123 where I want to collect data at the same 14 locations.  This data is observational data - number of users, number of vehicles, but also record who is collecting the data, date, and time.  I have built this with repeats, but when I test it in the field, it collects a NEW location, as well as the requested information.  I seem to be missing the connection that ties the location to the related table.  I have followed the blogs, and instructions, but still have this problem.  Is it possible for someone to look at what I have built and explain the error?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There are no actual repeats in your form so I am confused.  Need a begin repeat line somewhere.

Try this post  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-repeats/ba-p/89804... 

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

Sorry for the confusion.  I have been so swamped at work, I confused one and all by sending the wrong project folder.  I will read the post you sent, attempt to utilize what I learned, and repost if I have more questions.

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi

I would propose that you have a campground survey with a repeat in it for the observations.

This survey should have the Inbox enabled so you can retrieve the pre-captured campgrounds from where the user can choose which campground to capture observations for. You can then disable "Capture new" for the survey since you dont want more than the 14 campgrounds.

Hope that helps.

Regards

0 Kudos
DanaLRobinson
New Contributor III

Thank you.  I will look into that.  It is possible that I do not have the "Capture new" disabled.  

0 Kudos