Repeat questions in 'Inbox' not showing

10-27-2017 07:57 AM
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

I enabled 'Inbox' for a survey with repeat questions.  I added the field 'bind::esri:parameters' to my survey and set the value to allowUpdates=true query=’1=1’ in this column for my "begin repeat".  I am able to view and edit my repeat questions from my "Sent box", but they do not show up  when I access a survey from my 'Inbox'.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Dan

70 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

In your XLS file, the parameters have 

allowUpdates=true 1=1

You only should need

allowUpdates=true

the 1=1 is the default query and doesn't not to be there (and, as you noted in your comment, accompanied with the query= ).  

Also note that single vs. double quotation marks matter in the case of the query; it should have been

query="1=1"

single quotes must be used for text inside a query, forcing double quotes only to encapsulate the query statement.

0 Kudos
JeffPuuri1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the clarification, James.  In fact I was just coming back here to update this thread with a report of success by simply entering the bare words

query allowUpdates

into the bind cell for the case where I don't need to filter anything coming back out during a refresh.  Thanks for pointing out the formatting nuances when further filtering might be necessary.

ShawnRoberts1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jeff, thanks for that update! I wasn't having any success with the bind parameter as allowUpdates=true or any variations of that. But your text of "query allowUpdates" solved the problem perfectly!

AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you know if the "query allowUpdates" causes survey123 to not allow a repeat item to be deleted form a copied sent survey. the esri::bind::parameter is working great for me, but I need to be able to delete entire repeats for our new surveys that use copied sent data.  I think that allowUpdates, might be part of the problem. is there an allowDeletes? or allowTotalModificationAndDestructionOfRepeatData?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

The allowUpdates property does not allow for deleting repeat records; this is to minimize the accidental loss of data.  We have discussed an allowDeletes keyword to enable this functionality; I've listed your request in the discussion.

AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

OK great! Thanks for working through my terrible explanations to help me with this.

I would very much be interested in allowDeletes functionality, especially if I can control whether it is enabled for the inbox, or just for the sent surveys. I absolutely understand why locking down deletes is preferable to a lot of users, and for my users, accidentally overwriting a previously submitted days data thinking you were creating a new survey would be bad news. 

thanks again.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too would like to have the allowDelete functionality

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi JTedrick-esristaff‌,

The allowUpdates query doesn't work with image type questions.

1. Doesn't let you edit on previously sent images
  2. When adding additional images (edit pane) to a previously sent survey, none of the new images are saved in related tables (but duplicates of previously sent images).

Could you please look into this?

Thanks,

Gee

JamesTedrick

Hi Geethaka,

Yes, allowUpdates does not allow for the updating of images at this time.

0 Kudos
João_CarlosPinto_Fernandes
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have the same problem and need a solution.

Have you found a solution?

Thanks

0 Kudos