Repeat Data in Microsoft Power Automate?

05-15-2020 04:40 PM
SamuelMackenzie
New Contributor

"Known Limitations": "Data from repeats will also be missing in your Flow at the moment."

-from

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/19/automating-workflows-with-survey123-and-... 

on Jul 19, 2018

Is this indicating that all data collected using the "Repeat" question type will be missing in documents produced from your workflow? Is this still the case, or has this functionality been added?

6 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Samuel Mackenzie‌  This is currently in development. We are aiming at 3.10 or 3.11 for this feature.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @IsmaelChivite I'm fairly confident the functionality for repeats with webhooks has been added, but do you happen to have a walkthrough somewhere that can show how to set it up? I am having difficulties figuring out how to make it work.

0 Kudos
IanGallo
Occasional Contributor

@RobertAnderson3 did you have any luck with this or find any documentation? Starting a flow from a survey with repeats and having lots of questions. 

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Documentation no, but I did manage to figure it out.

The data will show up as dynamic content along the lines of "feature repeats attributes ...." and when you select this it will put it into an "Apply to Each" which is the Automate equivalent of a loop. 

The struggle I had was when the apply to each is added the output it selects from the previous steps as default has an additional '[value]' tagged on which causes some issues with the way it handles an array. So after I put all of the content in the main action I changed that initial dynamic content piece to "triggerbody()?['feature']?['repeats']?['repeat_name'].

Not sure if any of what I wrote makes sense off the bat, but hopefully it helps a little. Automate definitely is not the most user friendly thing I'm finding, but I did manage to make it work!

0 Kudos
IanGallo
Occasional Contributor

I'm finding the same thing - definitely not the most user friendly. I think that all makes sense - I'll have to take some time later today to figure it out. Thanks for taking the time to explain! If you have a chance, would you be able to take a screenshot of your flow? 

0 Kudos
MelisaGustafsson
New Contributor II

Has this been developed? version 3.11?

0 Kudos