Repeat count is overruling relevant?

11-25-2020 02:50 PM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It seems that my repeat count is overriding my relevant and giving me a blank repeat row.

I have my relevant and repeat count like this on my begin repeat (relevant first).

This says if it is a X transect to not show this repeat at all.

DougBrowning_0-1606342155821.png

I am getting a phantom all blank row in the repeat on X transects.

DougBrowning_0-1606344423637.png

I also tried to add a statement to set repeat count to 0 on a X transect but I still get the phantom row.

if(contains(${Transect}, "X"), 0, if(${Transect} = "K" or ${ThalwegType} = "Core", 1, ${MidThalweg}))

Using 3.12/3.11

Any ideas on how to get rid of this phantom row?  Or is this a bug?

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dough,

We currently have open issue with repeat and relevant. Could you check your survey form to see if it might fall into the issue listed below?

BUG-000127759 Relevant questions within a nested repeat in Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS cause blank or duplicate records.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure.  The relevant is on the begin repeat line not a field inside the repeat.  It also has a repeat count

Sorry not much to go on in that short text.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@Shwu-jingJeng 

I have more info now.  It is not just happening on repeats with a repeat count.

It seems to happen when I have a relevant statement on the begin repeat line.

Weird thing is that any Note in the repeat will still calculate and populate the service.

DougBrowning_0-1607528139206.png

and 

DougBrowning_1-1607528179605.png

But if there are no Note fields in the repeat then the record is a completely blank row.  In this form this section is just for one state so I am getting lots and lots of blank rows.

DougBrowning_2-1607528308404.png

Hopefully this one is on the list soon.  I will have hundreds of blank rows.

I tried setting repeat count to 0 and I still get them.

I also tried setting appearance to minimal but then this is a different bug where nested repeats ignore the minimal appearance.  I posted this one back to Ismael awhile ago when he wrote on it to say nested do not work but never hear back.  I hope this is logged.

Any other ideas?  Or just wait for a fix?

thanks

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dough,

Would you mind to send us your XLSForm so that we can attach or create a new issue for the relevant in repeat issue we have in backlog?

I will also check to see if the minimal appearance on nested repeats issue is being logged internally and post you updated.

Thanks, 

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Thanks I sent you a private message with the write up and the forms.  Let me know if you do not get it.  thanks again

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dough,

I had received the zip file and the word doc of the issues. Let me take a look and will get back to you when I have updates. Thanks for your files.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dough,

Regarding the minimal appearance with nested repeat, we do have a salesforce issue logged and currently it's in our backlog. The salesforce issue number is BUG-000133098 for your information to track the fix. There is no timeframe set yet for fixing this issue though.

Thanks,