Repeat answers in repeats

07-07-2020 06:34 AM
mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a survey where field teams have to enter in make and model of some items on a site and am using repeats to easily handle multiple entries.  I was wondering if there was a way to have answers carry over to the next instance of a repeat.  Many of these features have the same make and model and eliminating the need to reenter this data would be beneficial.  

Here is a screen shot of my survey in Connect.  Basically I was wondering if there was a way to prepopulate my "PRV model" text field in the second third and fourth iterations of this repeat with the last answer given.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Short answer is no if it is just text.  But I came up with a kind of way using a Defaults page.  

See here https://community.esri.com/thread/205999-is-it-possible-to-auto-populate-previous-data-into-current-... 

If it is numbers in order like last mileage then you can use max() to get the last highest value.

In yours maybe you could move PRV outside the repeat?  Not sure if there are multiple.  If there is then you could add PRV default like I did above.

If they are set size codes then you could use join combined with substring to pick off the last value.  Not sure what you data looks like.  Can it be a drop down box?

Hope one of those ideas help.

mattkramer
Occasional Contributor

HI Doug, thank you for the reply.

I really like the idea of adding a PRV default.  I think I am going to go with that for now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos