Repeat aggregate function - blank repeat values

03-10-2020 03:27 AM
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have an issue with the repeat aggregate function in relation to repeats.

My survey uses repeats, and sums the total within each repeat using the aggregate function e.g. sum(${repeat_value}).  Each of these totals is then summed in a single calculation e.g.   sum(${repeat_value1})+sum(${repeat_value2})+sum(${repeat_value3}). 

However, in Connect version 3.7.62 and Survey123 v. 3.7.57, a record is no longer automatically created within a repeat, hence the formula above no longer works, unless a blank record is created in the repeats.  This is OK in some instances (we just need to make sure users add a record in the repeat), but in some scenarios, the repeat is hidden because it is not relevant.

So, is there a way of automatically creating a record in a repeat?

Or is there a work around to get the formula above to work in order to sum all values in a set of repeats?

Thanks!

Claire 

Partly related to issue: https://community.esri.com/thread/214756-bug-with-repeat-aggregate-function 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Claire,

Can yo please provide a copy of your xslx file for this survey so we can take a closer look?

Thanks.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Can I email you the XLSX?  It's too big to attach.

The problem occurs on page 3 (a Plot Type must be selected (choose either X or P) on page 1 and Plot Recorded must be 'Found' on page 1).

The issue occurs where the plot type is set to 'P' or 'X' - the 'Total Cover' does not appear until at least 1 record has been entered into all of the repeats.  (I've worked around the issue of the total not appearing because of hidden repeats by creating a separate total where plots are not 'P' or 'X' - these were types which had hidden repeats). 

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you! Claire 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Claire,

Yes, please email me the xlsx file, do you have my email address from previous communications?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ClaireWood
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

I don't seem to have your direct email - can you let me know?

Thank you!

Claire

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Claire,

I just sent you a private message with my email address.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos