Survey123 Feature Report displaying date differently depending on which computer is used

03-04-2020 08:11 AM
ZachPearo
New Contributor II

My department uses the same same survey to capture photos and location data.  We also have identical templates used to generate reports.  If I generate a feature report from my computer, the survey date in the header is the date that the survey was conducted.  But when my coworkers generate a feature report using the same data and same uploaded templates from Survey123 online, the final result does not display a date in the header or sometimes displays todays date and not the date that the survey was conducted.  How can we be getting two different results using the same data from the same place and the same uploaded template?  

I want the date in the heading to be the date that the photos were taken, that's why I have the hidden< adate< Date field in the Excel Spreadsheet. I just don't know how the report could be different when we run the same survey data, using the same template, on two different machines.

Thanks again for all your help!

Zach

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zach,

Based on your description, you are probably encountering this similar issue with phone date:

https://community.esri.com/message/916123-re-survey123-report-photo-date-formatting?commentID=916123...

0 Kudos
ZachPearo
New Contributor II

I think you are correct!  I do not agree with Esri's rationale for removing the Exif Date field. We need to use all the Exif data for legal purposes.  Thank you so much for taking the time to point me to the correct thread.  I've been trying to figure this out for a while. 

Best,

Zach

0 Kudos