Select to view content in your preferred language

Rename files submitted through survey

10-25-2022 05:15 PM
LMedeirosUI
Frequent Contributor

I need to upload multiple image files to an existing survey after the form is submitted. I would like to have the files be renamed based on a question (${SampleID}) in the form. Because I have multiple images for each individual record, the files question type is much more efficient. However, the functionality of the image question's ability to rename uploaded files is much preferred for downstream organization.

Is there a way to rename files uploaded using the file question?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LMedeirosUI ,

Thanks for sharing the information.

Which app do you use for your workflow, the Survey123 field app or the web app?

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ZhifangWang,

As the pictures are added after the survey is submitted, I use the inbox in the S123 field app.

I know you can edit submitted surveys in the webform, but don't have any experience with that. I did try opening up my survey in edit mode in the web app, but the image question just has a multiline comment box and I don't know if that's normal or not.

I've attached my form in case that helps.

Thanks,

Lea

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LMedeirosUI ,

Thanks for sharing the information and the XLSForm file. The web app issue you encountered should be caused that the web app does not support the grid theme (theme-grid in the settings sheet) currently.

I've added your case to our backlog issue for the field app. Please also feel free to raise an enhancement ticke to Esri Support Service to prioritize the work.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Frequent Contributor

Hi @ZhifangWang - If I were to change the grid theme to dynamic, would it affect anything else in my form? Sorry, I don't know enough about the different platforms and theme- versus dynamic-grid to evaluate my own survey. If there is documentation (sometimes ESRI has tables for comparison of features that work in the Field vs Web app or other settings) that would help me out, please direct me to it.

Thanks, Lea

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @LMedeirosUI ,

Just clear the grid settings in the style column on the settings sheet does not change any behavior of your survey but only the questions layout.

Here is a comparison doc of general features between the field app and the web app: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/quickreferencecreatesurveys.htm . Hope this helps.

0 Kudos