Remove blank responses from percentage analysis

05-22-2019 08:38 AM
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

When will we be able to get the percentages for the results of a question to exclude the skipped responses in the Analyze tab?

I know this is possible by filtering, however this affects all questions outside of the target question. Will a simpler method be implemented such as a toggle on each question to exclude blank responses from the analysis? 

James Tedrick‌ Ismael Chivite

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jevaughn,

Which question type(s) are you requesting this for?  You should already see an 'Empty Categories' option to check/uncheck for single/multiple choices.

0 Kudos
JevaughnHenry
New Contributor III

Hello James,

This is in regards to both single and multiple choice questions. I am referring to the number answered and the number skipped. Is it possible to remove the skipped count from the calculation of the overall percentages for the other results for a question without affecting the other questions outside of the target question?

I know that filtering individual questions can allow for this, however it affects other unintended questions.   

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks,

I've taken down an enhancement to add 'skipped' as a category that can be hidden (in the same way as empty responses)- that way the statistical impact would be explicit and optionally hidable.

PBBennetch_columbus
New Contributor

What is the status of this idea/improvement, and how/where can I vote for that request?

0 Kudos