remember login for app

08-11-2017 08:44 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I cannot seem to have the Survey123 App (Android) remember my login credentials. There is a time out range (not sure what it is) but I remain idle for x amount of time it logs out and does not remember my credentials. this is also true if I close the app and reopen it. Other ESRI apps do not do this.

This will be a huge drawback for my field crews who are going to use this.

Is feature non-existent at the moment or am I missing something? 

Tags (2)
24 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe,

This fix should apply to Enterprise logins as well.  Having said that, I'm wondering what the specifications of your enterprise environment look like?

Set up enterprise logins—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Brandon

Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

ADFS Services with one provider.

0 Kudos
NicolasRoger
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I was wondering if the devices are supposed to remember the login information when the user intentionaly disconnect himself before closing the app or if he is supposed to enter the login information again? The answers here are not clear as they relate to a user closing the app without disconnecting himself first.

To be clear, I would like to make sure my users have to enter their login information again if their disconnect themself.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

Yes, the field app should retain username when disconnected; that being said, there is a known issue in iOS causing that to fail.

roemhildtg

Hey James. We recently ran into this again. I had a hidden "username" field that was marked as required, and the user was unable to submit the survey. 

This is what I believe happened:

1. User was not logged in and started the survey
  2. User encountered error
  3. User tried logging in, and resubmitting the survey - still wouldn't work. It appears username field does not populate after a survey has been started

The only solution I had was to republish the survey with the field visible and editable so that they could manually populate the field and submit the survey. 

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

BTW this is in a new version of IOS. 12.0

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

Does the form have a question of type username or a question of type hidden with a calculation to retrieve the username?  I would expect the first to load the username only when the form loads; the second should update itself when the username changes.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

My forms do and I do not want to allow the user to edit the capture logged in user field for reporting purposes.

quite often the user is logged out and does not realize it, completes a form and not being able to submit it. they then have log in the app and fill out a new form from scratch.

this impedes workflows drastically and causes alot of frustration.

because the form is downloaded on the device the user can still access it and open it regardless if they're logged in or not.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Hey James. So that is how I have it set up now. Initially, I had it working using a hidden "username" type field. But obv, that workflow broke when the user was not logged in.

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have just tried a survey with both types of username field.  Neither of them get updated after the user signs in and re-opens the survey for editing.  Both types of field still end up with <Null> in the data table.

iOS with Survey123 version 2.8.2 (cannot upgrade to more recent versions, unfortunately).

0 Kudos