Relevant Read Only Geopoint

Jump to solution
02-22-2019 06:12 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a way to set a geopoint map to read only base on an answer from a previous question?

Basically, I have number of know sites where if the user selects the location as a 'known site' form a drop-down, I pulldata to obtain the coordinates and place the geopoint at the known location. If the user is not at a designated site they select their location off of the map.

This is a web application and the issue occurs when the user selects a known location and scrolls down the screen to the next question. During the scrolling process if they are over the map feature their point is moved with out them intentionally doing so.  If I set a relevancy for the geopoint, the pulldata does not occur and the geopoint is not placed in the correct location.

Thanks,

Kyle

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, read only expression are not supported by the web app at this time.  As mentioned in my edited comment above, we have an open enhancement for adding their implementation in a future release, however they will not be honored at this time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle,

Are you familiar with the ability to use expressions in the read-only column of a geopoint question? (Must use Survey123 Connect)

There is mention of this in the documentation found here...

Form expressions—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Best,

Brandon

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. Yes I had some awareness of this however every time I had attempted to put anything in this box other then 'yes' I would receive the error message "the value you have entered is not valid".

I was able to just copy and paste my expression into the box then ignore the error message by clicking outside of the area. This appeared to work for the Connect app, However it does not appear to be working on the web application. The web applications is where my users will be primarily accessing the survey.

Kyle

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kyle,

This is likely due to the fact that you originally created this survey with a version that did not yet support expression in the read-only column.

You can turn the validation rules off in the XLSForm for that particular column as shown in the screenshot below

As for the web app not honoring the expression, you are correct in that it is not supported at this time. We do have an open enhancement in our backlog and I will be sure to add your use case to it.  

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It appears this is working for the desktop application. When I access the survey through the web application, the read-only function does not work and you are still able to make adjustments.

Would the old form be causing this issues or do I need to look at something else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, read only expression are not supported by the web app at this time.  As mentioned in my edited comment above, we have an open enhancement for adding their implementation in a future release, however they will not be honored at this time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That answers my question. Thanks again.

AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

Do you know if there are any plans to implement read only expressions for web forms any time soon? I've just come across this issue and then found this post and can see it was suggested nearly 5 years ago that this was an open enhancement for a future release. 

I can see that this issue has been raised in other posts too such as this one so there is obviously an appetite for this change. Any updates would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos