Select to view content in your preferred language

Reference answer from another field

Jump to solution
12-09-2021 08:20 AM
SayedWali
Regular Contributor

I have an assessment Survey form that collects information about mine-affected communities. I need to display(pull) an answer from the same survey to have insight about an event in the past during data collection. eg, when a SurveyID is selected from the dropdown list, the answer from pre-recorded field to be displayed 

I understand we can pull data from a CSV file into your form. But I need to load or pull an answer from the same Survey form(hosted feature) to the current form. Is there a solution for this?

@IsmaelChivite 

@Anonymous User 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SayedWali,

You could use Linked Content to get the CSV for the choices list, and then use pulldata() at the same CSV to then lookup the comment field and return that for the select choice.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SayedWali,

As @DougBrowning suggested you can use the search() appearance, or you could use Linked Content to load the CSV data from a hosted file or table.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SayedWali
Regular Contributor

Hi @Phil 

Thank you, that is possible to get data from a field as it shows a list of states or counties. But I need to pull data from a comment field(from the same hosted file) to be displayed as note format, based on the selected ID.

Thanks, 

Wali 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SayedWali,

You could use Linked Content to get the CSV for the choices list, and then use pulldata() at the same CSV to then lookup the comment field and return that for the select choice.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SayedWali
Regular Contributor

Thank you @Anonymous User, I used Linked Content to get data from CSV. Then I have to update the CSV file every week, as this piece of data is very important before filling the Survey form. This process will be tiring in the future to take data from the layer, have it in the CSV and update the previous one.

But actually, I wanted to get data in the form of "note" format from the same hosted layer, then display it using a related ID, so the work could be done automatically. 

Thanks