Select to view content in your preferred language

Re-Publish Survey Different User

02-20-2018 01:12 PM
GaryBowles1
Frequent Contributor

We recently switched our Portal Authentication from SimpleSAML to ADFS. This changed all of our Portal usernames from LastName_Firstname to LastF@domain.com

I tried to re-publish a Survey today and got the following error "The Survey was published by  a different user (LastName_FirstName). All of the Portal content was copied to the new account but obviously something broke. Is there a way to change the username so that I can update this survey without having to re-name and publish new?

thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

On a survey by survey basis, you would need to edit the .itemInfo file of the survey to reflect the new owner.  This can be automated by python- I can look into making a scriptlet to address bulk property updates.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Frequent Contributor

I changed the owner in .iteminfo file and that cleared the previous error. However, when i tried to re-publish, the publishing process hung up on Updating survey form package (see attached). Is there anything else i need to change in the .iteminfo? 

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I worked with Gary off this thread- in addition to the owner, the owner folder value will need to be updated to reflect the new user's new folder.

0 Kudos