Radio Buttons and Calculation Values

Jump to solution
08-18-2017 09:04 AM
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

I have a form that I designed in Survey123 Connect to collect road ratings. User will visit a road and assign a numerical value from either 1-5 or 1-10 for nine separate variables, then the form will add up all the user inputted values and show that in one field, then subtract the sum from 100 and show that as the Total Condition Rating. All was working until my IT Director wants to use radio buttons for the choices, instead of making the user type in a number. Now my calculation won't work.  I spoke with ESRI Support who said it was easy to allow radio button values to be summed.  I have tried casting as integers, using a sum function - nothing works. Any ideas are appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Make the uppercase "I" in the first part of the calculation a lower case "i" and it works.

Int(${PolishedAggregate}) + int(${TransverseCracks}) + int(${LongitudinalCracks}) + int(${AlligatorCracks}) + int(${ShrinkageCracks}) + int(${Rutting}) + int(${PotholesDepressions}) + int(${Corrugations}) + int(${Raveling}) + int(${ShovingPushing}) + int(${ExcessAsphalt}) + int(${DeficientDrainage}) + int(${OverallRidingQuality})

Good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The attached example works based on your description of the problem.

0 Kudos
ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

Damien-

Thanks for the help. It doesn't like me casting it as integer, though. The problem is I need to capture the value for each field in the data, not just the rating - am I overthinking it? I need my data to say something like PolishedAggregate 4 (just an example). Here's my form, what's the matter with it? I feel like it's something basic that I'm just not seeing!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Make the uppercase "I" in the first part of the calculation a lower case "i" and it works.

Int(${PolishedAggregate}) + int(${TransverseCracks}) + int(${LongitudinalCracks}) + int(${AlligatorCracks}) + int(${ShrinkageCracks}) + int(${Rutting}) + int(${PotholesDepressions}) + int(${Corrugations}) + int(${Raveling}) + int(${ShovingPushing}) + int(${ExcessAsphalt}) + int(${DeficientDrainage}) + int(${OverallRidingQuality})

Good luck