"Cannot read property 'On' of Undefined" error when trying to open survey in web submission app

05-07-2021 08:55 AM
GordonYoung1
New Contributor

Hi, I have had no luck tracking an error that seems to only present in the web version of Survey123. We can deploy the form as is with the caveat that the users must use the mobile or desktop apps, but we would like to make sure there is nothing structurally wrong with the survey. This form contains multiple start group end group structures allowing the user to initially choose which groups will be applicable at the start of the survey. There is nothing else complex about the survey so we are at a bit of a loss as to what the issue could be. The survey was published using Connect 3.12.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GordonYoung1

Thank you for passing along the XLSform! In taking a look into it, it seems the issue is due to the calculation for the file_nm question. At the end of the calculation the username of the current user is being concatenated to the string, but it's using the jr:choice-name() function even though the question it's referring to is a standard text question not a select_one question. 

I had removed the jr:choice-name() function and switched it to ", Username: " + ${curr_user} and that's working on my end. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
GordonYoung1
New Contributor

Thanks @ZacharySutherby  I'll switch the function and test on my end.

0 Kudos